A successful poker player needs a lot more than just to learn the strategy of the game. You are wrong if you think that you have established a solid theoretical base because to be on the top requires being different. You learnt the game; you learnt the tricks, and you have good skill. Still, you have to work more than others, as you have to be better than the good players, and you have to be the best amongst the better ones.
Your habits are key to your success. Those habit though are not directly related to poker games, but they help you to prepare yourself for the game. They balance your mind with your life, which is necessary as a top poker player.
You can check interview of a top poker player from German here in this link: https://www.onlinepoker.se/online-poker-intervju-med-neverfoldq5/.
Following are some recommendations for being the best in Poker:
- Eat Healthily: Before you got for a poker game, eat a healthy diet. A healthy diet helps you to focus on your game. An unhealthy diet will make you feel tired and distracted.
- Sleep Well: When you lack proper sleep, you will feel irritated, and you will get distracted. Also, your thinking will get disrupted if you didn’t sleep well.
- Exercise: Regular exercises will help you sleep better. It will also help you to control your mood and emotions. Exercise also gives you a feeling of freshness.
- Meditation: Controlling emotions is necessary while playing poker. To control your emotions, you have to be well-trained. Meditations or Yoga brings the ability in your so that you can control your emotions.
- Say No to Alcohol: While playing poker, don’t take alcohol. Alcohol messes up with your thinking process.
- Make Time to Review Your Sessions: You have to overcome the weak points you have. The best way is that review your games, and again rereview them, and make notes on what doubts you have, this will help you not to repeat the mistakes.
- Selection of Table: Before taking a seat, you should make the selection of your table thoughtfully.
- Strong Mindset: Don’t feel disheartened when results are not coming your way, instead don’t care about results. If you have a strong mind, it will help you to get less stressed and win later on.
- Table Presence: Talk to people, be socialized on a poker table. But you should keep a balance between friendly and paying attention to the game.